Tuesday, December 13, 2022

So Am I being Selfish?

Good Morning Everyone reading this.......

    Today is Tuesday and I am making some progress on the book. I am getting the ideas out, but I think I need to get more descriptive in my writing.  But I am proud of myself for getting going on this challenge.  I hope when I start typing everything out soon, and that I will be going into a descriptive detail of the story.  But this is a good challenge for me, and I am determined to complete it.  Now I did say 30-day challenge (and I am still sticking with that goal) but I am also sticking with the determination that I need to complete this book no matter how long it takes me.  I do want to try and get it published before the end of next year.  That is if it is worthy of publishing.

    As for the title of this blog "Am I being selfish"?  So, on Sunday, December 25, Christmas Day, is my day off.  I had a co-worker ask me to switch shifts.  I responded to her by saying "no".  Reason is that I worked every holiday this year and I worked when I had Covid-19 (when I was able to work).   When my day off landed on the 25; I decided that I will not work whatsoever.  Yet, I do feel bad saying no and I am sure someone would think it is for selfish reasons but with everything with my family, and the stress of personal issues.  I just need a break.  I wish I could break for longer than two days, but I cannot. Yet, I just want to do a Christmas movie marathon or a Star Wars marathon and chill.  I may not even cook.... who knows.  When you do not plan a day and just relax.... who knows what can happen.  I may watch the 24-hour marathon of A Christmas Story.  But the end goal on Christmas Day is to really do nothing but relax and enjoy the day off.  The stress can start back up on the 26th.  LOL.  If I do anything I am hoping to continue whatever I have typed out of this story.... if that makes sense.  I am hoping to get started typing on Thursday of this week. Old school me likes to write than type.  I trust in God and in the process.  

    I do not feel selfish in telling them I can't do something but on the other hand....I do feel bad.  I am the type of person that wants to help and make people happy.  So, yes, in telling someone no to something it makes me feel sad. I am working on this because in life you cannot please everyone. 


Hope you all are well.  I am just doing a "writing dump" in this post.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Pedro Pascal....

  Happy Birthday to the One....the Only Pedro Pascal.... I do not know you but you, sir, are adorbs.....