I made my mom's chili recipe yesterday and it was great. I needed a high fiber meal that is warm and filling. I am not much of a person who makes things from scratch but this crock pot recipe was worth every bite.
Here it is:
1 pound of meat (I used turkey. Which for me is good because of the protein in it).
3 cans of Bushes Chili Beans Mild.
2 cans Demonte Diced tomatoes. Get the cans with the oregano, garlic, and basil.
1 can of tomato soup.
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
1/2 teaspoon of onion powder.
1/2 teaspoon of paprika.
1 teaspoon of chili powder.
Salt and pepper.
Put the meat in a skillet and brown. This will take about ten minutes. Drain the meat and throw it in the crock pot. Add the three cans of beans, 2 cans of diced tomatoes, and tomato soup. Stir. Then add the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and the chili powder. Stir. I cooked mine from 11 am to about 4:40 pm on high. So about 5 hours is fine. I also topped mine off with shredded sharp cheese or toping of your choice.
I know the next time I make the chili; I am going to add corn and red kidney beans for color. Hope whoever makes this enjoys it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Happy Birthday Pedro Pascal....
Happy Birthday to the One....the Only Pedro Pascal.... I do not know you but you, sir, are adorbs.....
-
Sorry I haven't been on here blogging. Things have been extremely busy since the end of December 2022. Where to begin....I lo...
-
I started this post at 9 am and it is now 2:03 pm. I got wrapped up doing other things. Frist thing I started doing was handwriti...
-
Happy Birthday to the One....the Only Pedro Pascal.... I do not know you but you, sir, are adorbs.....
No comments:
Post a Comment